|Date Posted||November 8, 2017|
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Toolmaker/Machinist Assembler role in the Attleboro, MA area. This is a 6 Month Assignment (Possible Extension) position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience.
For applicants who are interested in this Toolmaker/Machinist Assembler opportunity; please send a Word resume to Cassie Wagner, Professional Recruiter @ [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Here are the details:
Role: Toolmaker/Machine Assembler
Duration: 6 Month Assignment (Possible Extension)
Location: Attleboro, MA
Rate: Flexible based on experience
The Mechanization Team is currently seeking a Toolmaker/Machine Assembler to work in our department that builds custom-engineered equipment for our manufacturing sites. The successful candidate will possess good communication skills, good organizational skills and be able to work well individually or with a team.
Successful Candidates Must Possess:
• Tool and die-making /assembler experience.
• Must have the ability to assemble/Debug tooling from complex assembly prints.
• The ability to be able to operate, Vertical Millers (Prototrak control), Lathes, and Surface grinders
Mechanical Assemblers build new equipment from complicated design drawings, integrating fabricated parts as well as tooling and purchased devices. They have a strong mechanical background and solid diagnostic skills. They must be well-versed in all aspects of tool room equipment and fabrication, and are comfortable with standard measuring equipment.
This is not a PCB assembly position; we are looking for someone who can build mechanical/highly automated assembly equipment.
The qualified candidate will be expected to:
• Have good oral and written communication skills.
• Have skills to read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications and shop orders.
• Have skills to determine setup, production methods, and sequence of operations.
• Have the ability and flexibility to work additional hours and/or days as required.
• Fit and assemble components from detailed drawings and schematics to construct, rebuild, and repair machinery and equipment using, all standard tool room equipment, hand and power tools.
• Assist with machine start up and testing: assembles, sets up, and operates machine to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to customer's specifications.
• Perform troubleshooting of equipment and accessories.
Fully trained and competent Mechanical Assemblers will have versatile skills and in-depth knowledge of:
• Mechanical Assemblies and Functionality
• Hydraulics – pressures as high as 60,000psi
• Pneumatics – pressures as high as 4,500psi
• Blue Print Reading
• Precision Measuring Instruments (Micrometers, Calipers, etc.)
• A high school degree or equivalent is required, plus the ability to work with other people in teams.
• The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, who will take direction from other people but also take initiative.
• Applicable Trade School experience is a plus
• Ability to read and understand mechanical prints
• Ability to use hand tools
• Conventional machining capability
• Ability to work safety in a hazardous environment
• This candidate should have 5+ yrs experience in the assembly of electro-mechanical machines or consumer products.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.