|Date Posted||September 11, 2018|
To perform moderately complex assembly of electronic and mechanical parts and assemblies in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
• Sets up and fabricates moderately complex electronic and mechanical assemblies utilizing various forms of written and oral instructions, automatic and semi-automatic machines and hand tools. Specific duties vary by workload and cover a range of assembly techniques including harness and cable fabrication, electro-mechanical assembly.
• Assists less skilled assemblers.
• Performs administrative tasks associated with assembly operations which include Manufacturing Order documentation, production problem transmittal generation, and shelf life maintenance.
• Resolves manufacturing problems.
• Maintains good housekeeping, safety standards, and calibration requirements.
• May set up production equipment.
• Practices Total Quality principles and concepts.
• Specialized and extensive experience in mechanical assembly techniques.
• Shop math.
• Military and commercial quality specifications.
• Textron Systems and Manufacturing policies and procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret complex instructions, procedures, and engineering drawings/specifications.
• Ability to use measuring instruments.
• Ability to set up and operate all fabrication equipment in area assigned.
• Ability to plan and organize work.
• Ability to concentrate while discriminating colors and small details.
• Ability to apply math skills.
• Hand and eye coordination.
• Finger and hand dexterity.
• Electrostatic discharge procedures and methods.
• Ability to work well with others employing team principles.
• Must be able to work in small confined areas
• Must be flexible in work hours
• Must be able to lift up to 20 to 30 pounds
• All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Typically requires 3 or more years of related experience with a high school diploma, or equivalent education or experience to demonstrate the ability to successfully perform the job duties.
: US-Maryland-Hunt Valley
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.