|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||November 7, 2018|
Prepare and assemble electronic components and hybrid assemblies of moderate complexity in a clean room or lab setting by using blueprint drawing, diagrams, manufacturing processes and procedures; work is performed under a microscope and by means of using small hand tools, bonding machines, welders and process equipment, the major process procedures include substrate attach, die attach, mechanical assembly, gap weld, wire bond, pull test and solder using machines such as Automated Solder Dispense, Semi-Auto Pick & Place, Screen Printing Solder, and Solder Reflow.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Operate manual or semi-automatic or automatic equipment to assemble hybrid electronic or solder components using at least three of the following processes: substrate attach (manual and auto), die attach (semi-auto and auto), mechanical assembly, gap weld, wire bond (manual and auto), b-staging, cross-stitch bonding, and pull test (destructive and non-destructive) or solder using Auto-Dispense, Solder Screen print, Pick and Place, and Solder reflow.
- Research the most current drawing in an Enterprise-wide system such as Anzio or SAP; verify accuracy, revision and affectivity of drawing and update it in traveler, if applicable.
- Clean electronic components and assemblies following MIC and Solder Assembly processes and procedures prior to starting the work order.
- Set up assigned machine as required by process or procedure; execute process; visually inspect work completed for accuracy and compliance to drawings; barcode completed work orders as required by traveler document; release the order to subsequent operations.
- Request materials and components to attach, install or complete as required, ensuring appropriate labels and packages for parts; inform supervisor and/or lead of assembly discrepancies.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintains clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform work of moderate complexity, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations, normally receiving little instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments;
- Operate manual/semi-automatic machine and/or automatic machine to assemble REMEC products using at least two of the automated plus two non-automated major MIC or Solder Assembly processes or procedures or an equivalent critical manual process procedure.