|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Ethicon, part Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a first or second shift Assembly Packaging Operator 1 role.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
As an Assembly Packager Operator 1, you will:
• Responsible for assembling and/or producing products according to detailed manufacturing processes.
• Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
• Assembles various materials into subassemblies or finished products using appropriate tools and equipment, in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures.
• Maintains accurate records/documentation related to work in progress.
• Assists with in process quality checks on sub assemblies and finished products.
• Advises production supervisor of line issues.
• Notifies supervisor when tools or equipment need maintenance or repairs.
• Labels and/or paints products. Packages and labels product according to manufacturing specifications.
• Occasionally be required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
• Performing the duties of this job, you will experience in/out of the office noise at a minimal level.
• Must be capable of transporting self to various business locations. If using own motor vehicle, must have current, valid state driver’s license and proof of insurance coverage that at least meets current residence’s state minimum requirements
• High School/Secondary Education or Equivalent
• Vocational or technical training preferred
• A minimum of six (6) months of medical device manufacturing experience is a preferred.
• Ability to handle small parts and materials
• Knowledge of basic assembly equipment such as rulers, hand tools, fixtures and assembly equipment is required.
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks
• The ability to communicate effectively (read, write and speak) in English is required.
• Basic computer skills/data entry required.
• Basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and work with decimals, required.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Detail orientated
• Ability to work in a fast-pace, emerging growth organization
• Attentiveness in performing tasks
• Ability to meet production expectations
• Ability to perform a variety of manufacturing/production tasks
• Knowledge of basic assembly equipment such as rulers, hand tools, fixtures and assembly equipment.
• May be required to use general office equipment i.e., phones, copier/faxes, etc.
• Able to work the first (6:30AM – 2:30PM) or second (2:30PM – 11:00PM)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Torax Medical, Inc (6251)