|Date Posted||June 7, 2018|
Imagine a career that will teach you in demand skills that you can carry with you the rest of your life while earning great pay. Get your foot in the door of an organization at the forefront of the growing American steel industry. This is a great job opportunity that will provide you with incredible training and support, and a fantastic work culture. You will be proud to say “I’m helping keep America strong. I make American Steel!"
Due to industry growth, our client is looking for the right person to train to be a Mill Builder/Assembler on their team in Harriman, TN. You will learn how to work with industrial machinery and equipment that produces long carbon steel products such as angles, flats, and rounds. This environment is not for the faint of heart. If you are afraid to get dirty, stop reading here. If you are up for a challenging career with even greater reward, you are going to want to keep reading.
Why you should work for our client:
- Hourly rate starts at $13.55/hr with the ability to move up to $16.25/hr when you complete training in as little as 6 months
- Fantastic benefits package including: medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short-term disability, 401(k) employer match, profit sharing, paid holidays and vacation.
- Comprehensive training – You will be taught everything you need to know to do your job safely and efficiently
- Safety – They maintain an environment that embraces accountability and training to keep everyone safe and healthy
- Culture – Everyone looks out for each other and has a team focused approach
- Stability – Company has been around for over 35 years and many employees have been with them for over 10 years if not since their doors opened
- Save the environment – They use an Electric Arc Furnace to melt recycled scrap metal which reduces the need for mining our natural resources and decreases CO2 emissions.
- Company provided uniforms and safety equipment
Mill Builder and Assembler Job Duties:
- Build, strip, and align mill stands
- Identify and install rolls for specific product sizes
- Operate a torch to cut material
- Weld using Mig and Stick welding processes
- Operate steam cleaner to clean work areas and equipment
- Operate overhead and remote-control crane
- Operate forklift
- Race and Chock rolls
- Read, understand and interpret gauges and blueprints
- Utilize hand and power tools safely
- Assist maintenance employees in the performance of maintenance tasks on equipment
- Accurately complete company records, forms, and other types of documentation
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.