|Date Posted||July 8, 2019|
JOB TITLE: Senior R&D Technician
***Must have experience in medical devices with both assembly and testing.
Assist Project Engineers in development and manufacture of disposable medical devices and their associated assembly processes.
1. Assist Project Engineers in the design and development of medical products.
2. Assemble components and sub assemblies into appropriate configurations to allow evaluation of
characteristics and performance. Must be able to assemble devices under a microscope.
3. Set up and operate test fixtures and data collection systems to allow evaluation of product
components, sub assemblies and final devices.
4. Set up and operate test equipment, including oscilloscopes, DVM, Instron tensile tester, data logger, etc.
5. Assemble devices, components and sub assemblies for product testing and/or manufacturing.
6. Package and label disposable medical devices.
7. Maintain device / component assembly operations in a documented form appropriate for the DMR.
8. Perform process validation and verification activities for these devices and document the results in
a lab notebook.
9. Provide and prepare validation information in a suitable form for inclusion in Design History File.
10. Assist with training of disposables manufacturing assemblers in routine activities.
11. Coordinate product assembly requirements with Materials and Manufacturing groups to ensure
adequate materials, assembly space, tooling and fixtures, and personnel resources.
12. Coordinate assembly activities with Quality to ensure proper documentation and surveillance.
13. Coordinate and perform specified cleaning and maintenance operations in the CEA.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School degree or equivalent is required. An AA or BS degree is preferred.
At least 10+ years relevant R&D experience is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.