|Location||Third Lake, IL|
|Date Posted||June 10, 2019|
Experis is looking to fill a Mechanical Assembler (Work Lead) position for our client. This position is located in Lake Villa, IL on a Direct Hire/Permanent opportunity.
Role: Mechanical Assembler (Work Lead)
Location: Lake Villa, IL
Duration: Direct Hire/Permanent
- Provides technical guidance to mechanical assembly and engineering teams.
- Serves as the process liaison to team and determines training requirements.
- Assists Manufacturing Manager with scheduling and work priorities.
- Responsible for ensuring projects are completed to project print specifications.
- Performs diversified and highly detailed station assemblies that have critical tolerances and strict inspection requirements.
- Implements design changes and documents as required.
- Reads and interprets moderate to complex assembly blueprints, specifications manuals, and assembly plans to determine sequence of operations and requirements for mechanical assembly team.
- Advises assemblers on specialized instructions, alignments, and techniques to the assemblies/subassemblies/frames ensuring quality standards are met.
- Plans daily/weekly activities of team and implements processes consistent with ISO quality standards that drive efficiencies.
- Inspects, tests and adjusts completed units to ensure units meet specifications, tolerances and customer order requirements.
- Sets up and operates metalworking machines, such as milling or grinding machines, to shape/modify/fabricate parts.
- Performs equipment maintenance as required.
- May build prototypes from sketches or plans.
- Maintains neat and orderly work areas.
- May connect cables, tubes and wiring according to specifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional college coursework related to design and basic mechanical principles strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints, specification manuals, assembly plans, and other manufacturing instructions.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees effectively.
Sound like a good fit? Please contact me at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)