|Date Posted||November 13, 2017|
Johnson Service Group is a nationwide engineering and technical staffing company that is hiring for a Electro/Mechanical Assembler position in the western suburbs of Chicago, IL. The Electro/Mechanical Assembler will be following a bill of material, using a prescribed assembly sequence from standard prints and verbal instructions. The Electro/Mechanical Assembler will be building pumps, submersible motors, cable assemblies, grinders, wet and dry pit pumps, etc. This Electro/Mechanical Assembler will also be required to perform performance testing on all assemblies. This is a contract to hire opportunity and can start immediately.
- Reviews order face, prints and data sheets.
- Makes a visual check of parts.
- Places bushings and bearings into position.
- Installs shafts, couplings, etc.
- Aligns indexes and/or bolt circles to mating piece parts prior to bolt up.
- Checks proper alignment using miscellaneous indicators and gauges.
- Insert and tightens bolts, nuts, washers, etc., as needed. Complies with specified torque requirements.
- Performs hydrostatic tests on equipment as required.
- Wires motors to a specific voltage per the sales order face.
- Makes final check of completed assembly.
- Uses judgment throughout assembly to make adjustments, such as filing, scrapping, re-reaming, shaft key alterations, spacers, shims, etc., as needed to ensure proper fit.
- Qualified assemblers, specifically selected by Management, will use a torch to heat parts for the assembly and disassembly of components when deemed necessary by design or due to rust and corrosion.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.