|Date Posted||August 9, 2019|
Johnson Service Group is currently searching for an Mechanical Assembler for a contract to a possible direct hire position in the southern suburbs of Chicago. The Mechanical Assembler will working on large equipment in the manufacturing industry.
The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for mounting, connecting, assembling, and securing parts and components of equipment. Reads and interprets instructions, assembles parts and tools, and fits electronic/mechanical components together.
Duties and responsibilities; Mechanical Assembler
- Read prints to assemble equipment
- Determine necessary tooling to be used for each work order and set-up if required.
- Use measurement devices such as a tape measure.
- Use hand tools, magnetic drill, grinder, saw and air tools to assemble product.
- Prepare layout for sub-assemblies.
- Build jacks and test for voltage and amps height requirements.
- Operate a fork truck and all overhead cranes.
- Enter work order information through terminals in the shop.
- Follow safety guidelines for safe operation of all equipment.
- Review prints from engineers to ensure accuracy
- Train new mechanical assemblers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Mechanical Assembler
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years of mechanical assembley experience preferred.
- Experience in the crane or heavy equipment manufacturing industry preferred.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge that includes the ability to operate a keyboard and navigate between screens within a computer application.