|Date Posted||February 1, 2019|
Mechanical Assembler – Deer Park, TX
Our client, a leader in the oil and gas service industry has an immediate need for an Assembler. The Manufacturing Assembler performs the full range of assembly, test, and disassembly on SVI instrumentation. This is a long term opportunity that has the potential to go permanent depending on future workload
Pay Rate: $17
1st Shift: 6:30am – 3:30pm (1 opening)
2nd Shift: 3:00pm – 11:30pm (2 openings)
Assembles components per bill of material requirements. Perform functional testing on assemblies. Test assemblies per customer and/or division criteria. Operate test equipment in compliance with engineering standards. Prep assemblies for shipment. Some mechanical background. Require ability to operate forklifts and other material moving equipment. Ability to follow instructions.
- Performs complex and standard assembly operations on various types of SVI instruments
- Responsible to fit, adjust, align, and complete assembly of electronics and machined components to build sub-assemblies or complete instrument and assure proper function.
- Work includes assembling, calibration, and rework of units returned for repair.
- Performs in-process and final test operations utilizing a variety of mechanical and electronic means and indicators to assure proper function before moving to next operation or finalizing overall fit and function to delivery to customer.
- Follows documented work instructions, verbal instructions, drawings, and train or assist less experienced assemblers.
- Gathers and control instrument components inventory at point of use, maintain required paperwork and control systems, and pack finished units for shipment.
- Report unusual conditions to the supervisor or manufacturing engineer
- Keep work area neat and clean and participate in clean up as requested.
- Other job duties as required
- High School Diploma, GED/equivalent, or better
- 1 year of experience on a production line or manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail and conscientious nature
- Customer driven/focused
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication to a safe work environment through effective housekeeping, workplace safety, etc.
- Computer application literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as master schedule, safety rules, operating instructions, drawings/prints and procedure manuals
- Team oriented
Important information: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must submit your resume
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.