|Date Posted||September 13, 2018|
GE Transportation is currently hiring for IMMEDIATE opportunities for Assembler's to join their team! See position details below and job link to submit your application today to be considered for this excellent opportunity that offers extremely competitive pay, benefits and awesome work culture!
Role Summary: Assemblers will perform multiple tasks while manufacturing locomotive/mining components, to include the installation of wiring harnesses and associated components, installation and/or connection of piping, limited tack welding, paint and associated application processes and material movement. Assemblers will use a variety of hand, electric, and pneumatic tools. Assemblers are responsible for working together to improve manufacturing processes and promote a climate of cooperation.
- The sub-assembly of components and full assembly of finished
- The installation and/or connection of wiring harnesses and associated Electronic components
- The installation and/or connection of piping and associated plumbing components
- The set up and completion, of various simple welding operations
- Testing of assembly components for oil and/or air leaks, simple electrical malfunctions and various other simple testing. Repairs to be made when failures are detected
- The use of standard machine tools including, but not limited to drill press, band saw, lathe, press breaks, laser, pipe bender, spot welder etc., and a variety of hand, electric, and pneumatic tools will be required
- Paint applications will include, but not limited to dry sanding, masking, unmasking, finish paint, stencil, seal and touch up
- Material transport may include the use of but not limited to radio controlled cranes, forklifts and tuggers
- Prying and setting heavy equipment
- Work with all facility employees on improving manufacturing processes through prototyping, fabrication and experimental machining to develop and prove concepts and design and implement necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing improvements
- Promote climate of cooperation; leading by example mentoring others in quality, safety, environmental, lean and high performance work team philosophies
All assemblers will perform multiple tasks in any combination and concentration of the above mentioned areas and will rotate through all or most of the processes rather than being assigned to a specific task. Assemblers must be able to work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling numerous components and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using electrical and/or pneumatic hand tools.
- Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and manufacturing instructions in a sufficient manner to complete the assigned assembly tasks
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High-school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment, for example safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs and safety shoes
- Must be willing to work in a tobacco-free environment
- Be willing to take a drug test & submit to a background check as part of the selection process
- Be willing to submit to random drug tests
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to work as necessary to meet requirements of the position, including the ability to work occasional weekends and scheduled overtime
- Must be able to complete some operations at heights up to 20 ft.
- Must be able to climb and complete some work on ladders
- Must be able to lift material up to 50 lbs.
- Must have ability to properly use and care for assigned tools and equipment
- Must be able to adhere to standards, do a quality job in a safe manner and within acceptable time
- Every employee will be an in process inspector
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to apply for immediate consideration:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.26 /hour
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.