|Date Posted||February 5, 2019|
Manager, Manufacturing Assembly
Biodex Medical Systems, Inc. – Be at the Forefront of World-Class Medical Technology
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Assembly Engineer Manager to join our team. The Manufacturing Assembly Engineer Manager is responsible for developing manufacturing methods toward high quality, low-cost assemblies with an emphasis on throughput. Establishing production schedules and delivery plans. Set up objectives and oversee progress as well as the soundness of all Assembly activities, including new products.
- Prepare and establish the production schedule for in-house assembly, systems integration, and test, in conjunction with Sales, Production Control and Purchasing.
- Prepare the Assembly Departmental budgets. Administer authorization for expenditures within limits of authority and prevailing budget objectives. Alert superiors on potential deviations and foreseen impacts, preparing resource justification as required.
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of assembly processes, methods, and materials routing, fixtures and tools required. Review and/or determine floor and work cell layouts for Lean operations. Determine and satisfy cross-training requirements.
- Provide pre-release analysis of new products, identifying and documenting manufacturing issues and proposing alternate solutions. Assist Manufacturing Engineering in the building of prototypes, in order to develop early and sufficient product knowledge to train direct personnel during product introduction.
- Define and develop Assembly processes to assemble products to blueprint specification, optimizing yield, cost, and throughput.
- Review cost variances and define root cause.
- Process development includes conceptualizing, designing tools and fixtures.
- Create and maintain operation routings and monitor resulting efficiencies.
- Review machinery and processes to recommend capital investments that would improve throughput and quality.
- Promote and conduct Value Engineering programs aimed to cost-reduce critical components as identified by Management via process improvements, alternate materials, finishes, etc., while maintaining form/fit/function. Apply Lean and Mistake Proofing techniques.
- Maintain and modify Manufacturing Operation documentation and Engineering Masters used in the assembly process.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9000 requirements.
- Address non-conformances, define root cause and suggest corrective action.
- Review ECO’s and take necessary steps to ensure implementation.
- Review DMR’s and add gauging and gauging requirements to processes to prevent further occurrences.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline required plus a minimum of seven (7) years manufacturing experience are required, including interpreting blueprints, specifications and technical descriptions. Computer literacy on both PC’s and Mainframe systems with working knowledge of MRP and CAD is essential. Basic cost accounting, word processing, and spreadsheet experience, as well as good communication skills, are also required.
Biodex Medical Systems, Inc. a leading ISO 13485 manufacturer in the Biotechnology Industry has been providing science-based solutions to improve healthcare for over 60 years. We serve a wide spectrum of markets from radiology to rehabilitation equipment such as treadmills, elliptical cross-trainers to diagnostic tables, stretchers, and accessories for medical imaging. Our commitment to excellence is based on product design, quality and after-sales support which has created consistent demand for our products and tremendous success for our Company.
We offer an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our benefits as well as other career opportunities, visit our website at: http://www.biodex.com/about-us/careers
“The Clinical Advantage"
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected local, state or federal status. Applicants and / or employees may review the Biodex Affirmative Action Plan for Veterans & Individuals with Disabilities during business hours by contacting HR.
Applicants with disabilities requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for an open position(s) can contact Biodex Medical Systems, Inc. Human Resource Department at 631-924-9000 ext. 2158.