|Location||Oro Valley, AZ|
|Date Posted||March 7, 2018|
Apex Life Sciences is seeking an Instrument Technician for a large, international medical instruments company for a long term contract position. This position will be working on the 1st shift, Monday – Friday from approximately 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. This is a great company to work for with the opportunity to move up and take on increasing responsibilities!
- Perform testing of company products following documented procedures to assure conformance to specifications and standards, completing written records of work done, and identifying and documenting non-conformances in piece parts, assemblies and test results.
- Reads and follows assembly drawings, test procedures and other written instructions.
- Strips and crimps wires, and assembles into electrical connectors.
- Identifies defects and non-conforming parts and performs in-process inspections.
- Completes appropriate manufacturing forms accurately, to include fan charts, hour/hour charts.
- Troubleshoots routine test failures to the subassembly level.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
- Responsibilities may also include assembly of company products.
- HS Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or other technical field desired.
- 1+ years related experience or training working with tools and instruments (torque drivers, multi-meters, hand tools, etc.)
- Assembly background is highly desired
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic schematics, assembly drawing and work procedures.
- Use of test equipment such as digital voltmeter and precision weight scale
- Use of hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, nut-drivers and ruler
- Accurately recognize non-conforming test results
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to use PC-based applications such as the Intranet, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Oracle to view assembly and test instructions and to create the work records described above.
- Communicate the theory of operation for systems under test
- Ability to accurately calculate and use fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
***For immediate consideration, please email your updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with 'Instrument Technician' in the subject line.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.