|Date Posted||April 4, 2018|
The primary function of a Final Assembly and Packing Operator is to secure, prepare and assemble components into core assemblies, skeleton assemblies and fuel assemblies. Perform hand work and rework operations as required to meet design specification.
In this position, a Final Assembly and Packing Operator can expect to be responsible for the following:
1. Work from drawings, operating procedures and instructions from supervisor.
2. Assemble skeletons, T/N’s BP/SG’s, H/D’s, Spiders, BP and P/D assemblies, and RCCA’s.
3. Clean rods and load magazines.
4. Load skeleton or BWR spacers into fixture, clamp and torque in place as applicable.
5. Position magazine at rod loading fixture and load fuel rods.
6. Drill, assemble and weld spider assembly and control rod assembly.
7. Position and weld top nozzle to skeleton, polish and burnish welds to meet operating procedures.
8. Install BWR tie plates and torque nuts.
9. Prepare weld samples and check tensile quality on tensile testing machine, make necessary current and pressure adjustments on welding equipment to meet specified tensile requirements and record values.
10. Insert tubes manually and use resistance spot welder or expanding mandrel to secure tubes to grid assemblies. Use heli-arc welder to weld tubes to bottom nozzle.
11. Check and rework fuel assembly for perpendicularly.
12. Straighten and de-twist skeleton or assemblies as required to meet inspection approval using dial indicators and surface table to determined straightness and straightening fixture and hand tools to correct out-of-tolerance.
13. Stage completed assembly and perform cleaning, drag test, and loading of F/A and components for final shipment.
14. Load BWR bundles into channels, install top handle and locking nut.
15. Maintain equipment and leave work area in a clean and orderly condition.
16. Adhere to accountability, criticality, safety, security, and hygiene procedures.
17. Perform traceability function as required EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability