|Date Posted||February 4, 2019|
Top 3 Ideal Skills:Telecommunications Equipment, Assembly, Test
Job Duties Summary:
Opening for a self-starting electrical technician responsible for building and testing customized telecommunications equipment and user interfaces. Requires at least 5 years' experience in the assembly and test of complex communications systems.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Build, test, troubleshoot sub-assemblies or finished products using layouts, wiring diagrams, written and verbal instructions
- Work from drawings, specifications and verbal instructions to assemble, install and wire backplanes, sub-assembly carriers, and sub-assemblies into Communications System rack assemblies
- Build prototype and new design hardware assemblies as required per engineering
- Assist engineers to perform and validate test procedures
- Inspect and package outgoing system and materials
- Help diagnose system or unit problems as well as suggest and implement production improvements
- Provide in-house technical support for cable manufacturing and repair
- Verify part numbers / revisions, complete parts order forms to pull stock inventory and prepare assembly kits for production
- Assist other personnel performing Acceptance Test duties with customer representatives
- Install and configure computer clients, servers and switches in a network environment
- Perform system and sub-assembly inspections to verify quality requirements
- Provide sub-assembly diagnostic testing and repair for warranty returns
This position will work onsite in Howard County, MD in a production facility to build and test electronics products. The person will work Monday-Friday with overtime available.
- 2 year technical degree desired
- Demonstrated experience using system configuration documentation to assemble and test telecommunications equipment
- Knowledge of AC/DC electrical system connections and electronic hardware assembly techniques
- Able to use multimeter and other test instruments for basic functional test measurements and continuity checks
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals including experience loading software applications on client and server computers
- Proficient in basic Windows applications, compatible technology and peripherals
- Trained or certified soldering skills desired
- Experience in providing operational support within a production environment.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently and communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.