|Date Posted||May 9, 2018|
Job Description PURPOSE:
This position supports the manufacture of coaxial hardline cable assemblies for the JSF program on 2nd shift.
- Forming, trimming, and soldering of cable assemblies through interpretation of online process sheets.
- TDR and phase testing of cable assemblies.
- Configuring and documenting materials, components, and process steps through the use of online systems.
- Utilize automated CNC equipment i.e. Pines bender and Florida RS cutter to bend, cut, and trim hardlines to length.
- Verify producibility of products during the first piece fit and function through test procedure.
- Work with team to ensure standard work and single piece flow is followed.
- Communicate and build each cable part number to phase targets to maximize phase matching at next level assembly.
- Perform complex ECO/PRN rework associated within the area confines. This includes repairing printed wiring board circuits, cuts and jumpers, drilling, epoxy repair of circuit cards, etc.
- Enhance factory capabilities through participation in the continuous improvement and 5S programs.
- May cross-train on other assembly positions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education Requires four (4) to five (5) years of electronic assembly experience. Must achieve specified solder certifications in various assembly/soldering techniques per Company and customer standards. Able to interpret and use wire lists, schematic diagrams, process sheets/route cards, and technical drawing package (i.e., ECO's and PRN's). Able to use small hand tools and complex tooling. Excellent manual dexterity is necessary in order to assemble intricate components in the fabrication of electro-mechanical composite apertures. Experience in the use of precision measuring tools.
Basic computer skills Able to use measurement tools and devices such as using micrometers and calipers. Able to perform simple testing. Able to cross-train and instruct other assembly positions.Preferred Skills and Education Previous experience with RF connectors and hardline coax cable
Experience in resistance and induction soldering
Ability to perform TDR and phase testing
Certified to J-STD-001 solder specification.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression