|Location||Lake Villa, IL|
|Date Posted||June 7, 2019|
Electrical Assembly Lead
We are seeking an Electrical Assembly Lead for a direct-hire opportunity with a full service integrator and specialty equipment manufacturer that provides custom automation solutions to the life sciences industry. Our client is an established and growing company that offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an entrepreneurial environment.
The Electrical Assembly Lead provides technical guidance to electrical assembly and engineering teams. Serves as the process liaison to team and assists Manufacturing Manager with scheduling and work priorities. Responsible for ensuring electrical schematics are followed and wiring is completed for highly detailed electrical control panels and subassemblies.
- Reads and interprets moderate to complex assembly blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings or engineering instructions to determine sequence of operations and requirements for electrical assembly team.
- Advises assemblers on specialized electrical instructions, components, and techniques to the assemblies/subassemblies ensuring quality standards are met.
- Plans daily/weekly activities of team and implements processes consistent with ISO quality standards that drive efficiencies.
- Performs electronic assemblies using rivets, bolts, soldering and hand and/or power tools.
- Positions, aligns and adjusts work pieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or panel assembly.
- Confers with managers/supervisors or engineers on plan and then review work activities to resolve production issues.
- Drills or taps holes in specified equipment locations in order to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring or instruments.
- Inspects tests and adjusts completed units to ensure units meet specifications and customer order requirements.
- Documents and implements changes in accordance with company policy.
- Performs equipment maintenance as required.
- Gathers materials, tooling, supplies, parts and assemblies to complete projects as required.
- May assist in procuring parts and in maintaining inventory and required documentation.
- Ensures assembly areas and team are operating efficiently and safely.
- Provides inputs to Manufacturing Manager on performance, morale, and corrective actions of electrical assembly workforce, as well as potential new employees to the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional training related to design and electrical principles preferred.
- 7+ years of high skilled experience in electrical assembly required.
- 3+ years supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to read electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Demonstrated understanding of volt ohm meters.
- Must be a problem solver with excellent communication skills who effectively works with other departments (i.e. Engineering, Purchasing, Shipping/Receiving) to recommend/implement solutions.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)