|Date Posted||March 11, 2018|
Kaman Industrial Technologies, a division of Kaman Distribution, is a leading distributor of industrial products with over 200 sales and distribution locations throughout North America. Our objective is to deliver the greatest total value to make our customers more productive, more competitive, and more profitable.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Assembly Tech to join our team in Latham, NY. This exciting opportunity involves finishing assembly for gearing, hose, linear, and other products produced in the corporate assembly shops.
We are thinkers, innovators, and solution providers.
- Perform assembly processes for gearing products using manufacturer's recommended processes to assembly, test, paint, nameplate, package and ship in order to produce quality work in an efficient manner
- Perform cut-to-length, cut-and-couple of hydraulic hose, and other assembling procedures in order to assemble products to the manufacturer's recommendations and prevent defects
- Perform linear cut to length and assembly, cutting profile rail, and round rail to manufacturers required tolerances
- Finish, clean, and package according to manufacturer standards
- Operate assembly shop machinery, hand tools, and equipment
- Maintain a safe and organized work area and replenish inventory
- Conduct inventory control for parts, supplies, tools and equipment
- Quote product specification, order processing, expediting and purchasing of components using the KIT system and vendor e-commerce capabilities as required
- Handle product specification, quotation, order processing, expediting and purchasing of components using the KIT system and vendor e-commerce capabilities as required
- Execute shipping/receiving duties as necessary
- Perform other duties as may be required