|Date Posted||August 8, 2018|
Role Definition: A Production Operations Technician encompasses the job functions required to coordinate parts, assemble, test, paint, package, and ship company products.
Performs a variety of manufacturing tasks that generally include assembling, operating manual and automatic equipment, setting up machines, testing, and dismantling unit assemblies and complex subassembly work stations according to appropriate work process instructions.
The employee is expected to rotate among all stations within each assembly cell performing repetitive work at a consistent pace to meet customer demands.
Must have working knowledge and ability to repair final unit assemblies and complex subassemblies.
Additional Requirements and Skills:
- Attendance: Rarely absent or late, pre-schedules and pre-approves absences. Ability to work occasional overtime.
- Safety: Follows safety & housekeeping standards and procedures, uses appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), looks after the safety of others.
- Quality: Follows standard work procedures, self acknowledges and corrects mistakes, works to avoid errors and get it right the first time.
- Productivity: Ability to meet or exceed productivity goals, manages time wisely, stays on task requiring little supervision to get the job done.
- Team Work: respects others, shares information, gives & receives feedback, works interdependently with co-workers to accomplish team goals. Works with others to resolve conflicts.
The types of internal contacts involved in this position on a regular basis include:
- The position will interact with co-workers in the same assembly cell or sub-assembly cell
- The position will interact with a “Cell Expert” which is the subject matter expert on the assembly line
- The position will take instruction for the Production Facilitator and Production Team Leader
- The position will interact with Manufacturing Engineers, Process Engineers and Quality Engineers, Machining and Maintenance personnel as appropriate.
Required Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills or traits for the position:Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to rotate among all stations within each assembly cell.
Desired Skills or traits for the position:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Customer Focused
- Takes initiative and appropriate risk
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee has the potential to be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is at a level the company recommends hearing protection. The employee must be physically able to wear appropriate PPE.
The physical requirements of this job title are further defined in the Physical Job Evaluation specific to the assembly cell in which the employee will be working. Please refer to the Physical Job Evaluation kept in Human Resources for complete information.
The application process will remain open until the position has been filled.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.