|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
Assembly Machine Operator
Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners
Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Monogram Aerospace Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is the leading designer,
developer and manufacturer of permanent blind bolts and temporary fasteners
used in commercial, business and military aircraft construction and assembly.
Monogram, as a recognized leader in blind bolt technology, remains committed to
leading the industry in the manufacturing of innovative fasteners and solving
unique problems for our customers.
JOB SUMMARY: Mechanically assembles, operates various assembly machines, manual or automatic, to assemble various types and sizes of components. Machine operations performed may include, but are not limited to: bumping, re-sizing, drive nut assembly, crimping, sleeve insertion, nut stamping, groove cutting, knurling, etc.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs the following mechanical assembly, other duties are assigned as necessary:
1. Operate and maintain the equipment assigned to produce accurate assemblies.
2. Verify that assembly results coincide with production requirements through visual inspection or through touch and feel of completed process.
3. Provide necessary counts, processes documentation correctly, and maintains daily production logs using computer software applications or production worksheets. Keeps interim records for subassemblies, material, tooling, rework, etc.
4. Maintain high level of housekeeping orderliness and work organization.
5. Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes, productivity, quality, etc. of the assembly operations. Uses interpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Assists other tarn members as required.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in company shop documents and computer software entry and processing requirements. Must be capable of applying correctly basic arithmetic operations such as counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing of a level required in cell assembly / machining operations. Must be able to communicate with supervision and other team / cell members effectively to solve assembly operation problems and other related matters.
3-6 months or equivalent – familiarity with assembly of mechanical detailed parts using various hand tools, assembly bench machines, assembly equipment, and checking of parts machined or assembled. Must read precision measuring instruments – calipers and micrometers. Must read assembly prints similar or comparable to ones used in shop assembly operations. Must be familiar with operation of assembly machines same or similar to those used by company.
Monogram is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.