|Date Posted||November 1, 2018|
Save This JobJob is Saved
Req ID 73167BR Date posted 09/21/2018 City Phoenix
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
- Perform a variety of basic manual or machine assembly tasks associated with building Printed Wiring Board (PWB) or unit Assemblies for a variety of aerospace applications.
- Assemble a variety of electronic units using proper assembly techniques.
- Identify correct parts, components, wires and other materials by part markings, color codes, container labels, etc.
- Utilize a variety of hand tools (manual and power).
- Solder electronic components.
- Operate assembly machines.
- Measure, mix and apply a variety of chemicals and adhesives.
- Perform measurements using basic measuring instruments.
- Read and interpret assembly instructions, process instructions and engineering standards.
- Utilize computer systems (e.g. work instructions, labor charging, and standards).
- Process material requisitions in accordance with established procedures.
- Generate Non-Conforming Material (NCM) reject 'short' tags.
- Check and verify per work instructions.
- Recognize and take steps to resolve assembly/work area issues.
- Perform material handling tasks.
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed.
- Train other employees and perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with manual and light power tools, products of various weights and sizes, high air pressure, medium to high temperature equipment and materials, enclosed x-ray and laser machines, equipment with moving parts, chemicals and adhesives that may emit fumes.
- Wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
- Transport product with or without product carts.
- Lift up to 25 pounds unassisted;
- Sit and or stand at workbench, machines, or flow line for extended periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, reach, turn as required.
- Use hands for extended periods of time to perform assembly (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation).
- Utilize magnification devices for extended periods of time to perform verification, assembly & soldering.
- Distinguish colors and meet vision requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years directly related experience
- Good reading & math skills
- Good computer aptitude
- Demonstrated assembly aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to read & follow assembly instructions, process instructions & engineering standards, use basic measuring instruments and hand tools, effectively communicate & interact with others, and ability to access and use computer systems (e.g. email, work instructions, attendance)
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].