|Date Posted||December 4, 2018|
Willingness to work overtime when required
Experience in manufacturing assembly. Soldering experience a plus.
Good communication skills
- Manufacturing Assembler to perform repetitive hand assembly, inspection and validation of Fiber Optic Cables with commercial, military and specialized terminations such as ROC connector cable assemblies.
- Work with optical fiber for terminations:
- Handle and work with optical fiber.
- Machine polish and hand polish techniques.
- Mechanical fiber stripping and acid stripping.
- Manual and machine fiber cleaving
- Work with typical fiber optic adhesives and matching gel while on a heated work holder.
- Work under microscope for extended periods performing micro type assembly for lens and fiber bonding to delicate silicon chips about the size of a matchhead where fiber positional tolerances less than 0.002".
- Working computer skills able to retrieve and review of PDM drawings, parts list, MES work instruction and Manufacturing Processes.
- Perform fiber optic connector and termini inspections to required standards.
- Must be able to read tape measure or measuring rule.
- HS Diploma or GED Required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in polishing optical termini to military and commercial standards.
- Experience with Interferometer equipment for measuring termini end face geometry.
- Experience with inspection and validation for fiber optic cable assemblies.
- Soft skills – Excel, Word and Outlook.
Please apply directly to this job, or for more information, Contact: Patty Shofner: 314-275-1221 or email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.