|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
Our North Fort Worth facility is seeking multiple Assemblers/Packers.
These positions will be responsible for performing a range of operations connected with sub-assembly, main and final assembly, packing, trouble shooting, repair, and adjustment of stainless steel commercial equipment models to meet exacting operation performance. Some assemblies are built by moving unit through progressive work stations while other units are built complete at a single work station. These positions may require daily and/or weekend overtime and flexibility to work first or second shifts.
Assembling parts and installing various refrigeration system components into the refrigerated and heated units.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Reading shop packet instructions and drawings to determine build requirements of the unit. Checking shop packets for correctness. Reporting incorrect shop packet information or parts shortages to supervision or Engineering.
- Measuring and cutting wire to specified lengths, twists ends. Soldering wires to specified connectors and terminals, using soldering iron, and crimps connectors and terminals to wire ends, using hand tools.
- Bending, cutting, crimping, component leads to prepare component for mounting into wiring harness. Testing wire assemblies and repairing defective assemblies.
- Maintaining and operating spot welding machine.
- Setting up and operating the punch machine for hinges and lockkeeper for all models.
- Assembling hinges and brackets onto various unit doors. Assembling gaskets into doors.
- Assembling metal components according to blueprints, engineering specs and work order/bill of material parts list for complex products.
- Performing visual inspection of production, and using polishing tools, polishes welds on door corners, frames, drawers, and other location to a smooth finish.
- Installing industrial and commercial refrigerating system components into refrigerator cabinets according to blueprints and engineering specifications, using knowledge of refrigeration, structural layout and function and design of components.
- Drilling holes and installing mounting brackets and hangers into refrigerator cabinets according to blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Setting up units, doors, and drawers for foaming process.
- Applying appropriate cleaning solutions as required to clean production assemblies and subassemblies.
- Cleaning interior and exterior sides of units and attaching UL data plate. Signing off shop pack verifying this portion of the final finishing of unit is accurately completed.
- Attaching skids to unit.
- Performing visual inspections of units in order to detect abnormalities or flaws.
- Ensuring proper documents are all in accordance with unit to be shipped.
- May select materials for packaging and check serial tag on unit to ensure all are in accordance with shop pack instructions.
- May cut, bend and braze specified tubing to inlets and outlets of components to form liquid and suction lines of refrigeration system.
- May install expansion and control valves using acetylene torch and wrenches. Adjusts valves according to specifications.
- May start system, observe operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjust mechanisms, such as valves, controls and pumps. May test lines, components and connections for leaks with leak detection equipment.
- May be required to transport various parts items or refrigeration model units from one location of the production facility to another upon request of co-workers or supervisors.
- May be required to assist in crating finished units prior to movement to shipping department. If assisting in crating duties, responsible for matching shipping labels to the correct unit, checking serial tag number to that listed in the shop pack and ensuring that proper packaging is used.
- Working cooperatively and congenially with co-workers to achieve cohesive and productive work processes and work environment.
- Performing additional tasks as assigned by management or as the situation requires.