|Location||Bowling Green, KY|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2018|
Bowling Green Metalforming is a world leader in chassis and body structural assemblies. From the massive press shop, through our immense assembly area and finishing with a state of the art e-coat system. We focus on Safety, Quality and Productivity daily to ensure the satisfaction of team members, our shareholders, Domestic, Asian and European customers.
Bowling Green Metalforming is a division of Cosma Canada/USA, a Magna Company. We are a global automotive supplier to the OEM market with a unique operating structure that fosters and entrepreneurial culture.
Our facility is located in Northern Warren County and encompasses the highest level of technology in the automotive industry. We are pleased to be part of South Central Kentucky.
We seek enthusiastic people looking for an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in a fast paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of our TEAM.
The Assembly Department is looking for an Area Leader on 2nd. The Area Leader will provide assistance to the Assembly Department Leader in a way that supports the Magna Charter, Corporate Constitution, customers, investors, and team members. The Area Leader will support the Team Leaders and Assembly Team Members by providing guidance and tools they need in order to be safe and productive.
The Assembly Area Leader is responsible for all team members' safety and well-being, overall development and supervision of Team Leaders and Team Members, health and safety, quality, customer cost, productivity, and ergonomic issues through using the company policies and procedures and the Magna Employee's Charter as a guideline.
- Follow and enforce all plant safety reules and policies
- Understand and promote Magna's philosophies and Employee's Charter
- Ensure daily pre-shift inspections are completed, conduct unplanned inspection audits on a weekly basis and planned inspection audits once a month
- Routinely make visual inspections of emergency evacuations routes correcting any safety concerns immediately
- Within 24 hours of an accident/incident complete accident investigations identifying root cause and corrective action
- Ensure weekly safety talks in pre-shift meetings are being conducted with team members signing safety training roster
- Schedule, supervise, coordinate, and direct the activities of team members to ensure that production levels and quality standards are met
- Establish and maintain effective communications with all other departments as well as conduct all business activities in a professional manner
- Plan and direct the utilization and use of all equipment and manpower to achieve the most effective results
- Supervise team members in accordance with the principles of the Employee Charter and the policies and procedures set out in the BGM Team Member Handbook
- Assist the Department Leader in the planning of key programs and activities, i.e. manpower, shutdowns, etc.
- Promote continuous improvement and capitalize cost reduction opportunities
- Act on behalf of the Department Leader and/or Assistant Department Leader in their absence and assume the responsibilities of Team Leader in their absence
- Particpate in short and long term planning with plant layout, manning and direction
- Requst, authorize or seek approval for new equipment and/or systems as required
- Immediately attend to all accidents and injuries and initiate the accident and injury investigation program, while following up to ensure procedure implementation and compeltion
- Develope and foster strong working relations with individuals, teams, and overall department; carry out performance assessments, establish developmental/training requirements of Assembly Team; and implement corrective measures if required in order to sustain effectiveness of services provided
- Supervise Team Leaders in their job performance and ensure fulfillment of policies, practices and procedures
- Utilize interactive management principles when implementing corrective discipline procedures in dealing with team members, encourage professional development to enhance team performance, and cross train to maximize flexibility and coverage to accomodate vacations and absences
- Provide timely coaching, counseling, and feedback to employees through one-on-one sessions, performance evaluations, and regular team meetings
- Follow and comply with all operational procedures/policies as stated in the employee Environmental Health and Safety programs
- Promote good housekeeping
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge and Education
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required
OTHER: Computer Skills, Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Quality training, Emergency Response training, Six Sigma, Industrial Maintenance, Tooling or Weld Training preferred
Minimum two (2) years experience in an automotive manufacturing environment, previous leadership role preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess manufacturing experience in a leadership role
- Must possess working knowledge and understanding of the assembly process
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and establish goals and deadlines for self and team
- Must prossess working knowledge and understanding of quality systems, standards, and procedures
- Must have strong team-focused, iterpersonal and leadership abilities
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with basic Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as required to meet external and internal customer requirements
- Must be willing to work in various locations within and outside the facility
- Must be able to pay good attention to detail and multi-task with accuracy
- Ability to act as a resource to BGM team members with regard to policies, legislation, principles of the Employee's Charter, etc.
- Must possess good human relations, leadership skills, and a maturity of judgement
- Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate and maintain all machinery and equipment in his/her assigned area
The environment is high pressure and requires extreme accuracy and attention to detail
The individual must be able to perform all essential functions of the job as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, with team members, leaders, customers and supplier